Each year, Kohn Pedersen Fox presents three $10,000 awards to students who are in their penultimate year at one of the twenty-seven design schools with whom KPF has chosen to partner. The goal of the award is to allow students to broaden their education through a summer of travel before their final year at school.
- Students from twenty-seven schools of architecture are eligible: American University of Beirut, Architectural Association, City College of New York, Columbia University, The Cooper Union, Cornell University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Oklahoma State University, Pennsylvania State University, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Pratt Institute, Princeton University, Rhode Island School of Design, Rice University, Syracuse University, Tongji University, University of Cambridge, University of Cincinnati, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, University of Pennsylvania, University of Virginia, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Yale.
- Any student in the penultimate year at one of those schools is eligible. Students may be in either a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree programs. The application is made by the student, but must be approved by the dean of the school. Each dean may nominate two students from the class.
- A portfolio of fifteen one-sided pages at 11" x 17" or smaller, in a binding.
- All work should be executed by the student alone. No work executed in an office—unless it has been designed and drawn solely by the student—should be included.
- The first page will be a one sided 8 ½" x 11" sheet with the applicant’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, school attending, signature of the dean, and signature of the applicant indicating permission for display/publication of portfolio and subsequent travel report images on the KPF website. This page should contain a statement of the student’s travel itinerary and the rationale for these travel plans. It should be easily detachable and should be the only page with any personal or identifiable information about the applicant.
- The portfolio should be hand delivered or sent to Susan Green, Kohn Pedersen Fox, 11 West 42nd Street, 6th Floor, New York, N.Y., 10036, 212-977-6500.
- The submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. EST Friday, April 5th, 2019.
- Jury in April.
Further questions and inquiries should be sent to email@example.com.